IIT Bombay-Washington University in St. Louis came into an alliance to provide innovative solutions & talent development through collaborative programs & projects in thematic areas of strategic importance to society, industry & the government.
- Performs cutting-edge research of relevance to industry, government & society; the research areas focus on multinational interests & global challenge & issues.
- Create the next generation of personnel to work in these areas by collaboratively training high-quality students.
- Be a leading network to address challenges & corporate needs through the performance of research in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Offer training programs of relevance to industry personnel.
- Develop global innovation & growth leaders through world-class executive education.
- Mainstream sustainability focusing on energy & environment.
A partnership between Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) at the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay & Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis provides Joint Degree MBA program which is the only one in the world to confer a degree from both an Indian & an American university.
The Flagship EMBA Program.
Thoughtfully designed by a globally renowned panel of faculty to facilitate a smoother learning experience for the busy mid-level / senior executives for their next level of growth. The program is modelled after its hugely successful, internationally recognized sister programs in the United States and China, which is ranked No. 6 in the world by the Financial Times.
The 18-month program, which begins July 2019, uses a proven model for working professionals:
- You continue working while attending courses four days per month, from Thursday morning through Sunday evening, in Mumbai. The program ends with a two-week capstone experience at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Taught by world-class professors, the curriculum builds knowledge, global perspective, and tools you can apply immediately to your business challenges.
- You learn from and with high-achieving, collaborative cohorts with years of collective professional experience.
Return on Investment (ROI)
‘The best ROI is when returns are beyond quantification.’
The EMBA from IITB-WashU offers a great Return on Investment, in ways more than one. In fact, this program offers a higher ROI when compared to taking the same course from outside India, simply because India offers a great cost advantage while still offering world-class infrastructure, access to global resources including faculty, industry-wide alumni network & collaborations. The way this 18-month course is designed, one can seamlessly integrate the learning and earn a degree alongside one’s professional commitments.
Dates & Figures
- Classes for the program begin in July 2019.
- The fee for the enrollment in the program is Rs 39 Lacs.
- The program brings in a diverse prospect of students generally from top positions from across industries who wish to widen their horizons.
- Demographics of IITB-WashU Executive MBA batch is 38 years; with an average work experience of 15 years.
- The program classes are held in Mumbai – the Financial Capital of India, strategically located Metropolis with excellent national & international connectivity.
The collaboration of IIT Bombay and Washington University in St. Louis is envisioned to continuously improve the quality of education and create next generation of personnel with its diverse programs, meant for professionals across industries. The collaboration aims at providing a blend of knowledge, innovation and global standard management perspective, through various programs, seminars, events, etc. which professionals can utilize in their work-life, offering them a leading edge in this competitive business environment.
The Technology Leadership Program is one of many ambitious programs that we have lined up for future. It is a program developed to acquire the best knowledge on Energy, Environment, and Sustainability delivered keeping the same benchmark standards set by our flagship program.