By visiting our website without changing your settings, you agree to receive all cookies and other data collection tools; however, if you do not accept the use of these cookies, you can change your cookie settings at any time by following the instructions below.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
– first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device;
– third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We may use third party cookies for functionality, performance/analytics, advertising/tracking and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are persistent cookies, meaning that they are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period and are not deleted when browser is closed. They can be used by IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website to recognize your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
– enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website;
– track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with the IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website;
– understand the total number of visitors to our Website on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
– monitor the performance of the IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website and continually improve it;
– customize and enhance your online experience.
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with the IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website can be classified into one of five categories, namely cookies necessary for essential IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy purposes, ‘functionality cookies’, performance and analytics cookies’, ‘advertising and tracking cookies’, and ‘social media cookies’. We have set out some further information about each category.
You have the right to accept or stop cookies from being stored on your device at any time by modifying the settings in your web browser to reflect your cookie preferences.
Please be aware that you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the website and/or online courses and content once cookies are disabled.
Most browsers offer instructions on how to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the options or preferences menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the Help option in your browser for more details.
If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by visiting the following links:
Please bear in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies via the IITB-WUStL Research and Educational Academy website.
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us via email at [email protected]